Seminole State College Defeats Cowley County Community College Despite Allowing 3-Run Inning
- Despite allowing three runs in the seventh inning, Seminole State College defeated Cowley County Community College 11-4 on Monday. Cowley County Community College's big inning was driven by a single by Isaac Muncy and by Parker Dunn.
- In the second inning, Seminole State College got their offense started when Fred Walterdoubled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Seminole State College pulled away for good with four runs in the third inning. In the third Brayden Rodden singled on a 3-2 count, scoring one run and Chase Bryan doubled on a 2-2 count, scoring three runs.
- Seminole State College put up four runs in the fourth inning. The rally was led by a single by Tucker Dunlap and a double by Josh Lewis.
- Zach Dill was the winning pitcher for Seminole State College. He went five innings, allowing one run on one hit, striking out six and walking one. Tyler Dean and Holden Hopkins entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Andrew Roach took the loss for Cowley County Community College. He surrendered one run on two hits over two innings, striking out three and walking one.
- Seminole State College tallied 14 hits on the day. Rodden, Archer Brookman, Lewis, Dunlap, and Mehki Edwards each racked up multiple hits for Seminole State College. Brookman and Rodden all had three hits to lead Seminole State College.
2B: Chase Bryan, Josh Lewis, Brayden Rodden, Fred Walter
3B: Archer Brookman, Mehki Edwards
TB: Archer Brookman 5, Chase Bryan 2, Tucker Dunlap 2, Mehki Edwards 4, Josh Lewis 3, Brayden Rodden 4, Fred Walter 2
RBI: Chase Bryan 3, Tucker Dunlap 2, Mehki Edwards, CJ IVY, Josh Lewis, Brayden Rodden, Fred Walter
FC: Mack Chambers
HBP: Mack Chambers, Mehki Edwards, CJ IVY
GIDP: Mehki Edwards
CS: Brayden Rodden
W: Zach Dill
HBP: Zach Dill, Holden Hopkins
WP: Zach Dill
Pitches-Strikes: Tyler Dean 44-29, Zach Dill 68-44, Holden Hopkins 40-19
Groundouts-Flyouts: Tyler Dean 1-1, Zach Dill 6-2, Holden Hopkins 0-1
First pitch strikes-Batters faced: Tyler Dean 8-11, Zach Dill 14-18, Holden Hopkins 3-8