Seminole State College Grabs Lead In Seventh Inning To Defeat Carl Albert State College
- Seminole State College took the lead late and defeated Carl Albert State College 10-6 on Tuesday. The game was tied at six with Seminole State College batting in the top of the seventh when Joseph Craig doubled on a 1-2 count, scoring one run.
- Brayden Rodden led Seminole State College to victory by driving in four runs. He went 2-for-3 at the plate. Rodden drove in runs on a home run in the first and a single in the fifth.
- Seminole State College got things started in the first inning. Seminole State College scored three runs when Rodden homered.
- Carl Albert State College knotted the game up at six in the bottom of the sixth inning, when Hunter Church's sac fly scored one run for Carl Albert State College.
- Carl Albert State College scored three runs in the second inning. Carl Albert State College offense in the inning was led by Cash Balentine, Jake Melton, and Jackson Scrivner, who each had RBIs in the inning.
- Cal Howard led the Seminole State College to victory on the pitcher's mound. He went one-third of an inning, allowing zero runs on zero hits and walking zero. Layne Hartsfield recorded the last three outs to earn the save for Seminole State College.
- Koby Midgley took the loss for Carl Albert State College. He lasted six and two-thirds innings, allowing eight hits and seven runs while striking out three.
- Shawn Harper started the game for Seminole State College. He allowed two hits and three runs over two innings, striking out two and walking zero John-Michael Halley started the game for Carl Albert State College. He allowed three hits and three runs over one-third of an inning, striking out one and walking one
- Seminole State College socked three home runs on the day. Craig had a long ball in the fifth inning. Rodden had a dinger in the first inning. Cayden Aldridge had a homer in the seventh inning.
- Seminole State College racked up 11 hits. Mack Chambers, Craig, Rodden, and Aldridge all managed multiple hits for Seminole State College. Aldridge, Rodden, Craig, and Chamberseach collected two hits to lead Seminole State College.
- Ben Klutts led Carl Albert State College with two hits in four at bats.
2B: Archer Brookman, Mack Chambers, Joseph Craig
3B: Josh Lewis
HR: Cayden Aldridge, Joseph Craig, Brayden Rodden
TB: Cayden Aldridge 5, Archer Brookman 2, Mack Chambers 3, Joseph Craig 6, CJ IVY, Josh Lewis 3, Brayden Rodden 5
RBI: Cayden Aldridge 3, Joseph Craig 3, Brayden Rodden 4
ROE: Brayden Rodden
HBP: Archer Brookman, Joseph Craig, Chaz Orr
SB: Joseph Craig, Marc Lebreux
CS: Archer Brookman
PIK: Chaz Orr, Brayden Rodden
HBP: Cole Broughton, Shawn Harper
WP: Cody Farmer, Trey Lazenby
Pitches-Strikes: Cole Broughton 14-7, Cody Farmer 14-3, Shawn Harper 36-18, Layne Hartsfield 7-5, Holden Hopkins 16-8, Cal Howard 1-1, Tanner Lawrence 20-12, Trey Lazenby 29-14
Groundouts-Flyouts: Cole Broughton 0-2, Cody Farmer 0-0, Shawn Harper 1-3, Layne Hartsfield 0-1, Holden Hopkins 0-2, Cal Howard 1-0, Tanner Lawrence 0-1, Trey Lazenby 0-2
First pitch strikes-Batters faced: Cole Broughton 3-4, Cody Farmer 0-3, Shawn Harper 6-10, Layne Hartsfield 2-3, Holden Hopkins 3-6, Cal Howard 1-1, Tanner Lawrence 2-5, Trey Lazenby 2-6