Seminole State College Clinches Lead In Eighth Inning To Defeat Rose State
- Seminole State College took the lead late in the game in a 6-3 victory over Rose State on Saturday. The game was tied at three with Seminole State College batting in the top of the eighth when Brett Rexroad induced Fred Walter to hit into a fielder's choice, but one run scored.
- Seminole State College got on the board in the first inning. Marc Lebreux singled on a 2-2 count, scoring one run.
- Rose State evened things up at three in the bottom of the seventh inning. Bobby Covalt drove in one when he singled.
- Shawn Harper led the Seminole State College to victory on the pitcher's mound. He surrendered two runs on three hits over two innings, striking out two and walking one. Cal Howard threw two innings in relief out of the bullpen. Howard recorded the last six outs to earn the save for Seminole State College.
- Rexroad took the loss for Rose State. He surrendered six runs on 12 hits over seven and two-thirds innings, striking out six.
- KC Bryan started the game for Seminole State College. He lasted five innings, allowing four hits and one run while striking out nine
- Seminole State College tallied 12 hits. Mack Chambers, Brayden Rodden, Chase Bryan, and Mehki Edwards all managed multiple hits for Seminole State College. Chambers went 3-for-5 at the plate to lead Seminole State College in hits.
- Rose State racked up nine hits in the game. Covalt and Jabes Turner each managed multiple hits for Rose State.
2B: Archer Brookman, Mehki Edwards
TB: AJ Barron, Archer Brookman 2, Chase Bryan 2, Mack Chambers 3, Mehki Edwards 3, Marc Lebreux, Brayden Rodden 2
RBI: Mack Chambers 3, Mehki Edwards, Marc Lebreux, Fred Walter
SAC: Josh Lewis
ROE: Maddux Solomon
FC: Archer Brookman, Fred Walter
SB: Archer Brookman, Chase Bryan, Mehki Edwards
W: Shawn Harper
SV: Cal Howard
HBP: KC Bryan, Shawn Harper
BK: KC Bryan
Pitches-Strikes: KC Bryan 104-56, Shawn Harper 33-17, Cal Howard 32-18
Groundouts-Flyouts: KC Bryan 1-4, Shawn Harper 3-0, Cal Howard 1-3
First pitch strikes-Batters faced: KC Bryan 16-24, Shawn Harper 5-10, Cal Howard 6-10